Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Advice for book writing.
(03-28-2016, 09:37 PM)Kosheh Wrote: The more I read this topic, the more I'm attempting to grasp the plot, but...

- There's a self-insert main character who's played as an underdog
- He befriends several mythical animals, in a city that's just conveniently home to several mythological beasts the mortal world over
- his peers are mostly Yokai for some odd reason despite the fact that the main character's lineage originates in Middle-eastern folklore and is probably the only character of Middle Eastern origins

- Wait a second, is this Dragon Quest 2 but Zootopia

I feel like Benny would probably do better as like...a jackalope, which just seems innately ridiculous in terms of its existence and origins. Having an al-miraj maybe as like, a villain or even rival would be kinda...better actually, because here's this mythical rabbit that's literally better than a jackalope no matter what, and no one takes this poor jackalope seriously. )':
But the cool thing is that he wouldn't just have a unicorn horn - he'd have a nice ten-point set of horns and he can literally lock horns with people over the course of the story. :V

Maybe making Benny's peers be a more eclectic group of mythical creatures from several different originating cultures, yet further driving the point home that Mythica (??) is a haven for all mythological beings?

EDIT: good lord i'm so sleepy. i hope ANYTHING in this post made the least bit of sense.

Some more good points, and actually the main villain WAS changed to an Almiraj recently, and I'm also looking to minimize the youkai races, but... How is Benny a self insert? Honestly, I don't feel I'm much like the main character. I consider him more of my personal mascot than a fursona or a true representation of myself.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Advice for book writing. - by Benny The Miraj - 03-23-2016, 02:04 PM
Advice for book writing. - by Benny The Miraj - 03-30-2016, 07:26 AM
RE: Characters for a Graphic Novel: Maturity criticism - by Benny The Miraj - 03-29-2016, 06:51 AM