Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Advice for book writing.
(03-24-2016, 03:29 PM)gors Wrote: the only thing I can be reminded of when seeing this is Conker and Conker is the polar opposite of seriousness

like i understand you can make serious stories out of cartoon-esque characters. But even in those popular stories the character is in, there is a reason or heavy simbolism under the character design.

well i'm presented with a unicorn rabbit. what does that mean. Does the fact of the character being a horned rabbit have some meaning or not? It is not wise at all to be serious when your character's appearance has nothing to do with what he does or well... stuff

that's my two cents anyway

I almost want to say "well, the almiraj is a seemingly innocuous creature, but deep down lies a vicious, terrible and dangerous creature" and that  it represents some fact that Benny is a very harmless looking creature who turns out to have a lot of power in the story, but unfortunately I'd sort of be lying, as Benny's consistently weak in the story. There's only two real scenes where Benny is in any sort of position of power, and that's like "Once in the middle of the story/the other near the end." Truth be told, there's no particular reason that Benny is an almiraj besides the fact that bunnies are somewhat of an innocuous animal which sort of fits an innocuous character.

Honestly, I'm the kind of person that doesn't tend to think too hard about the species of a character. For most characters, I don't see why there needs to be a particular reason to their species, just as long as the character him/her-self is likable. I've been trying harder to flesh out the lore of his world and each of the species that reside in it than worrying about symbolism or anything of the like. I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just saying I don't see why it's a big deal that he's based off no particular species. Is it something people really care that much about?

If it's really that big of a deal that there's no symbolism behind Benny's species, then maybe I could work with the whole "Seemingly innocent and harmless creature who obtains a position of power" type motif for Benny, but that kind of goes against who he is. I dunno, it's just that every other story has the protagonist constantly in the limelight, and I wanted to try and differentiate things by making him a creature who relies on the support of his friends.

Like, what mythical creature do you think fits Benny more?
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Advice for book writing. - by Benny The Miraj - 03-23-2016, 02:04 PM
Advice for book writing. - by Benny The Miraj - 03-30-2016, 07:26 AM
RE: Characters for a Graphic Novel: Maturity criticism - by Benny The Miraj - 03-24-2016, 07:05 PM