Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Advice for book writing.
(03-24-2016, 05:56 AM)Kosheh Wrote: i uh

a unicorn rabbit?

i'm kinda tired but i guess i can offer my two cents anyway.

- I think you could probably get away with keeping Benny cute while redesigning his friends, further emphasizing that he's a tiny cute lil weak rabbit.

- Though, if you want Benny to look older, I'd suggest giving him a tuft of chest hair (sort of like your "more detailed" design on the right has, but making it a little...rounder? poofier?) but that's it. Just chest hair. While keeping the old design.

- Why is Benny a unicorn rabbit? You can still keep the character varied by having the horn just be a large piece of something sticking out from somewhere else (like a giant crystal jutting out of his shoulder) and when asked about it, the story's actually kinda grimdark. On top of that, he can find out "oh I can get the powers from THIS CRYSTAL" and activate them later when he gets his chance at Action. of course, he's still cute? but the giant crystal sticking out of his shoulder makes the character design a little more ironic.

- Also over the course of the story, you could just like
keep him cute but his eyes progressively get droopy and his clothes tattered, and then at the very end have him comically somehow shake off both changes to his character

Benny's sort of loosely based off a creature called an Al'mi-raj. Okay, okay, "lol, slap a horn on a bunny, call it an "al'mi-raj" u did gud thar," and I get it that Benny really isn't a proper al'mi-raj. Though later in the story, they come across a more proper version of the al'mi-raj. Benny's race is sort of a branch off of his kind.

Also, some of his friends are a little less cute, but at the same time most of them could be toned down.

(03-24-2016, 06:19 AM)gors Wrote: for more maturity in a Graphic Novel, you should use humans.

*Takes a deep breath* No.

Also, anthro characters =/= furry. There are no foxes in the story, no sexual characters (most of the female characters are quite unattractive), and not all the characters are even animals. Yes, a good chunk of the characters have animalistic properties, but that does not make the entire roster of species in the book.

Another thing is that the only people who really, absolutely wouldn't read a book like this are those who have such a skewed stigma against furries/anthro that it clouds their judgement of anything involving them. Most non-furries have a more open mind then that, and if they read that it gets good reviews, they might buy it whether it stars humans or not.

I'd rather just leave the discussion at this, please.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Advice for book writing. - by Benny The Miraj - 03-23-2016, 02:04 PM
Advice for book writing. - by Benny The Miraj - 03-30-2016, 07:26 AM
RE: Characters for a Graphic Novel: Maturity criticism - by Benny The Miraj - 03-24-2016, 09:18 AM