Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Advice for book writing.
If you want to communicate a mature story, I think the best way to do that is to forego images entirely and leave things up to the imagination of the reader. Once you show your readers the main characters, it can ruin the tone of the story for them. This happens to me a lot when I read books (even very well-written and well-drawn ones) and I usually regret looking up images of the characters. There's very little to gain from adding images and a lot to lose.

Instead, you should focus on the main problem: Your writing is not keeping the attention of your readers. Whether that's due to poor pacing, a predictable plot or uninteresting characters, I don't know. But I do know that if your story is well-written enough, it can easily stand on its own without images. Ask your readers why they're losing interest. If they don't give any reasons, find harsher critics. Close friends and family members are generally poor choices since they're afraid to offend you or put you down. And if you have trouble finding strangers to read your work, just give them little snippets of your story and get criticism on those.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Advice for book writing. - by Benny The Miraj - 03-23-2016, 02:04 PM
RE: Characters for a Graphic Novel: Maturity criticism - by DragonDePlatino - 03-23-2016, 03:10 PM
Advice for book writing. - by Benny The Miraj - 03-30-2016, 07:26 AM