Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Poll: Should I do Obi-Wan's Frames?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes!
0%
0 0%
No!
0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

LEGO Star Wars The Video Game Sprites
So, slowly figuring something out...
or trying, anyways...

ignore the filename, it started out as a HUD rip, using the tile viewer. anyways, some sprites were ripped using the tile viewer, some were ripped using the OAM viewer.

I've figured-out the palettes for the environment tiles. It uses at least half of the available palettes...

As for ripping anything you interact with that has particles, safest bet is probably the OAM or tile viewer and animget. I'm not sure what to do with those. the tile viewer shows all of the tiles for any on-screen sprite, but the OAM viewer will have the right palette, as well as at least a partially assembled sprite. However, the OAM viewer is tedious to even find what you want, and there's a high chance of missing something. Tileviewer will get all frames, but could have wrong palette... But, I doubtpeople want those particles over the rips, so something is gonna have to be figured-out.

I'm gonna work on some other stuff, now. I'm gonna attempt to get the battle droid sprite tomorrow.

Also, I did find some cheat codes, but not sure if they're of any use circumventing just how difficult this game is. I actually suspect half the difficulty is in that it's a low-resolution '2.5D' port of what was originally a high-resolution 3D game. The screen is smaller, and it's harder to actually attack or shoot the way you'd like to. I am finding blaster characters are basically worthless in this game. But lightsaber characters aren't necessarily much easier to use. Overall, in terms of even the most basic gameplay, this game is no match to any of its counterparts.
Thanked by: newsuperhackboys

Messages In This Thread
RE: LEGO Star Wars The Video Game Sprites - by DarkGrievous7145 - 04-26-2016, 11:06 PM