Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Ripping a flash game: Hitsuji Chronicle (PC)
(03-07-2016, 03:32 PM)Davy Jones Wrote:
Quote:Getting the .swf's should be easy
If it's that easy, how do you get the SWF on your harddrive? That's literally everything I need to know.

you simply must log the incoming http traffic for .swf's
Firefox web console or Fiddler HTTP debugging proxy work well for this.
However, web console does have a limit to how many things the log retains, and you'd need to go and manually download each file.
EDIT:
Fiddler enables you to select all the request/responses from the current browsing session, and download them all in one go.
Besides, you can save them to a session archive for future use.

Being that this is one of those online games, your most efficient method of attack would be locating their assets cache/index file, but these typically are encrypted. I've only successfully pulled the file/config databases from one online game so far. (and this is because the devs use like, NO ENCRYPTION or stuff on them... XD)

There does appear to be a semi-standardized naming convention for the files, too

A word of caution, though, IDK if any decompilers will struggle with these, but they're not "typical" SWF'S from what I can tell. They might be one of those new extra compressed ones, but I'm not sure. Check the file signature and note that...NONE! (and also that when viewed in a text editor, the contents don't look like your typical .swf, either) if That gives you problems, run the .swf's through 7-zip to decompress them. My decompiler seems to be able to open, them, but IDK if all of them can.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ripping a flash game: Hitsuji Chronicle (PC) - by DarkGrievous7145 - 03-07-2016, 03:45 PM