Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Have you ever wanted to create your own fictional universe?
When I was about 13/14 I wanted to make a story, with a world also inspired by Tolkien and similar authors. Although I tried to start, I never really persisted with writing it (also life got in the way and such). I still kept thinking about it though, polishing ideas and developing the world. So for the past 6 or 7 years I've had this story and world in my head but I have yet to put it down on paper in a Word document.

It probably won't happen, but I do hope I manage to get myself to start writing it this year. I mostly just want to get it out in some physical digital form and have something to work with and flesh out properly, rather than just making various changes to random parts in my head. Also, despite the fact that I'm surprised how much I manage to remember, I can't rely on my memory to retain everything, and besides if I ever want to make it into a proper novel (series?) and publish it then I need to start somewhere.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Have you ever wanted to create your own fictional universe? - by puggsoy - 02-18-2016, 04:20 AM