Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
CREATIVE HABITS - The Mystery of the Subconscious World
My creative ability... it's a work in progress, but I function best when I have a beloved foundation to work off of. One could say I grew up with an overactive imagination. I have always loved to spend up to hours on end daydreaming/brainstorming/fantasizing about my favorite fictional universes in any setting I wanted, where anything I wanted could happen. It's always been my favorite thing to do and still is to this day. You could say that my creativity is being somewhat stifled by clinging to premade concepts that I'm already attached to, and you'd be right.

But, while I am making more of an effort to develop original content here and there and am occasionally even finding some that I actually legitimately care about -- I feel it's much more effective, productive, and enjoyable to just bounce ideas off of a setting that I know I enjoy since most of the point when I fall into these moments initially is just self-indulgent fantasizing anyway. So why not use these opportunities to exercise my imagination if I feel like it and develop original ideas within these worlds? I feel that, even if I'm not progressing creatively as much as I could be, I'm still always learning and exploring and expanding my horizons at least to a degree. I mean, it's how my new AU story I've been brewing up that I mentioned in the happy thread came about. It started out as just a little entertaining AU thought to satisfy ... specific interests as a result of thinking too deeply into a piece of artwork I saw and loved, and then since my mind has played with the idea and expanded it into a full-fledged story that I'm serious about.

So I guess this post so far has been a combination of my creative habits as well as inspirations, but I primarily tend to draw inspiration from others' work as well as gathering helpful feedback on my own. It also helps now that I'm looking at my most recent work and appreciating it more than I used to. I'm looking back at older work and seeing flaws that I didn't quite catch before. I'm still learning and struggling with stuff but seeing how far I've come is already inspiring in itself IMO.

RAMBLING OVER
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: CREATIVE HABITS - The Mystery of the Subconscious World - by Garamonde - 01-28-2016, 05:07 PM