Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Gussprint's Sprite Rip Central Redux
And we're back with more Shantae. This is a bit of a momentous occasion here, for two reasons. The first being after a lil' bit of screwin' around I've managed to attain the missing stuff... for the most part. The second is that, for the very first time, I'm using (Where applicable) actual transparency for backgrounds. No solid colors of any kind, ACTUAL TRANSPARENT BACKGROUNDS.

Which was kinda necessary, given that some of those graphics have transparent anti-aliasing up the wazoo. So whadda we got tonight?

General SFX
[Image: kbHxzVs.png] <-- Here, have some ka-booms.
And yes, that's the best icon I could come up with for this. Insert Micheal Bay joke here.

...Hold on, wasn't a sheet like this already on the site? Well, yeah there is. It just so happens to also contain stuff that is unique to specific areas in the game, and as such I feel would be best suited to include them in the respective area sheets (Which I'm now working on, by the way) they belong to.

That, and I figured it'd be a good excuse to fetch that missing explosion FX. Which I eventually wound up grabbin' the old-fashioned way*, along with a few other things.

Also, THIS.
[Image: sHyO0yl.gif]

What you see here is a huge smoke poof. It doesn't appear in any way, shape or form in the game proper. Found in the file "BigPoof.anim", which upon extraction produced the sprites you see... only with a big red cross on top.

So I took the output images, took the cross away and restored the sprites to the best of my abilities. The end result being what you see here.

Environmental Objects
[Image: dddSmMW.png] <-- When ancient temple traps start showing their age.

And now the actually new stuff. A compilation of every interactable item in Pirate's Curse, barring once again the area-specific ones. Gems, jugs, Heart Squids, switch locks, you name it.

This technically also contains unused material, in the form of those violet stone blocks. They're assembled according to specific tiling increments, and don't appear anywhere in-game from what I remember. Leftovers from Risky's Revenge, perhaps?

'Course, these aren't the only things I've got abrewin' here. I've taken the time to update some of the sheets already on TSR with their respective missing SFX, and fixed a couple of things on two of those. Expect a few oncoming revisions, folks.

*Good thing the Steam version of the game supports windowed mode, or else I'd be royally hosed.

MIDNIGHT EDIT: AAAND already I need to update something on that items one. Now includes that little item bag enemies sometimes drop, and a certain something you'll find in a certain room in Spittle Maze.

[Image: FzDqhE7.gif]

Kinda like this, only it has an outline and it's not animated.
[Image: gsopcsignaturesf4.png]
Sprite ripper, artist, and STILL a Puffy AmiYumi fan to this very day.
----------------------------
*All sprites in the signature and in the avatar are copyrighted by their respective owners.*
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Gussprint's Sprite Rip Central Redux - by Ton - 01-14-2016, 12:58 AM
RE: Gussprint's Sprite Rip Central Redux - by Ton - 02-03-2016, 03:58 PM
RE: Gussprint's Sprite Rip Central Redux - by Ton - 09-20-2016, 01:35 PM
RE: Gussprint's Sprite Rip Central Redux - by Gussprint - 11-24-2017, 03:33 PM