Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Gussprint's Sprite Rip Central Redux
[Image: Blg8uIi.png]
Rottytops Cadaver, everyone. Hipster, zombie, professional firebrand- HEY WAITAMINUTE

...Anyway. Time to drop back into that one half-genie's world, fellas. ...Well, former half-genie. There's still a few sprites from Shantae and the Pirate's Curse [3DS/Steam] that are missing on TSR, so with Daxar's tools in hand, I took it upon myself to fix that.

Dragon Head/Fire-Breathing Statue
[Image: pNrjt7K.gif] <-- So how long 'till the "non-autopilot" model drops by?

And we begin with something relatively miniscule. Sense of scale, the fudge is that.

But yeah, these things. Virtually (And graphically) unchanged from their incarnations in Risky's Revenge, except for a couple of things which I felt warranted a new rip.

1. It uses different projectile GFX for its fireball, edited (Presumably) from assets present in the Mighty Switch Force! series.

2. You may've noticed in the demo animation that the statue TURNS. Something which it's incapable of doing in the actual game... though research proves it once was meant to be.
Found in the GFX assets is a file called 'Stonehead.anim', which contains sprites of the statue encased in a C-block shape, and a turning animation!

...A very rough, very unfinished turning animation. Just the framework to edit later and that's it. So I told myself "Hey, let's try restorin' those sprites!" and went to work.

Which, given the state of the originals, essentially meant doin' everything FROM SCRATCH.

...Yeah, that took a bit, suffice to say. Anyhoo, included in the sheet are said "restored" turning sprites (Complete with bonus mounting post!). Had the concept made it in the final game, I suspect they would've worked similiarly to the Bone Pillars from Castlevania, only much more durable.

So yeah, workin' the late-night shift on this one. As of this writing, I've extracted nearly every graphic asset from the game... except for a few .anim files that crash the program if I try to open 'em.

Given that some of those are linked to the level maps (Another thing I've otherwise ripped successfully), that's kind of a problem. Anybody got suggestions for this?
[Image: gsopcsignaturesf4.png]
Sprite ripper, artist, and STILL a Puffy AmiYumi fan to this very day.
----------------------------
*All sprites in the signature and in the avatar are copyrighted by their respective owners.*
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Gussprint's Sprite Rip Central Redux - by Ton - 01-14-2016, 12:58 AM
RE: Gussprint's Sprite Rip Central Redux - by Ton - 02-03-2016, 03:58 PM
RE: Gussprint's Sprite Rip Central Redux - by Ton - 09-20-2016, 01:35 PM
RE: Gussprint's Sprite Rip Central Redux - by Gussprint - 10-31-2017, 12:02 PM