Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
Gussprint's Sprite Rip Central Redux
And with this, our half-genie's journey's come to an end. The final dungeon's up and ready, and boy was it a doozy. Unsurprisingly, the hardest part turned out to be the very end, but let's not get ahead of ourselves here. We've got a lot of cover.

EPILOGUE ~ Tinkerbat Factory
[Image: l2p3oS9.png] <-- "Don't keep me waiting, squirt."

We're going through uncharted territory here. After stealing those relics from us, Risky Boots and her crew bolted back here, in this remote island. There's only one way inside, and it involves locating a mysterious telescope floating high up in the sky...
Once we're in, the real party begins. Concealed below the island is a huge factory complex filled to the brim with Tinkerbats, Tinkerbats and more Tinkerbats. Our brave Shantae's gonna need all her skill and strength if she's to survive in this steaming machinery inferno.

Once we reach the end, however, things get even crazier. Below the complex is the All-Purpose TinkerTank, a massive steam-powered doomsday machine just waiting to get unleashed in the open. Stopping it from the outside is definitely a no-go, which means it's time to cause some internal damage.
Ripping this thing... was not easy, to put it lightly. The tileset itself got confusing almost immediately, so I opted for the next best thing: level mapping. Since the TinkerTank constitutes a stage in and of itself, I've made good use of VBA's map viewer and compiled the tiles outta that. Which, considering how huge the thing is, you can imagine how long it took.

Well, that takes care of that, then. The rest of the backgrounds, to my knowledge, were already ripped by others and are up on TSR, so I guess we're done here.

On top of that, we've avoided some big catastrophe in the process, with said doomsday machine going the way of the Doominator. Incident resolved! ...Now if you'll excuse me, I've got an enraged piratess on my tail. Laters.
[Image: gsopcsignaturesf4.png]
Sprite ripper, artist, and STILL a Puffy AmiYumi fan to this very day.
----------------------------
*All sprites in the signature and in the avatar are copyrighted by their respective owners.*
Thanked by: Shade

Messages In This Thread
RE: Gussprint's Sprite Rip Central Redux - by Ton - 01-14-2016, 12:58 AM
RE: Gussprint's Sprite Rip Central Redux - by Ton - 02-03-2016, 03:58 PM
RE: Gussprint's Sprite Rip Central Redux - by Gussprint - 03-25-2016, 02:38 PM
RE: Gussprint's Sprite Rip Central Redux - by Ton - 09-20-2016, 01:35 PM