Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Gussprint's Sprite Rip Central Redux
And another sheet updated. The Background Set °2 sheet now has a third palette for the Bay/Cliff areas, which appears near the fourth dungeon of the game. Speaking of, guess where we're headed today?

Background Set °4
[Image: uCTDrVW.png] <-- Not exactly what you'd call "pleasant vacation spots".

Only two areas covered today, and they're the most dangerous spots in the land. On one hand we've got sub-zero temperatures. On the other, nightmare fuel central. Let's do this.
Mud Bog Pass: A top contender for "Most Inexplicable Environmental Progression" in a videogame. West of Oasis Town, the desert zone turns into a land of darkness, a grimy place infested to the brim with creatures made of TAR. Night is virtually indistiguishable from day in this place, due to the blanket of clouds extending throghout the entire area.
Oh, and it also has giant bleepin' maggot carcasses lying around on top of huge pillars. Uncanny valley central indeed.
Mount Pointy: The obligatory ice world. Sorta. Covered at 90% by a blanket of snow, this is where the paths connect in Sequin Land. The last dungeon awaits at the tippy top, and good luck reaching it without proper equipment.
And by that, I mean spontaeneously grow spider legs or a pair of wings.

Twinkle Palace
[Image: A2UCLum.png] <-- ...Look, just fire the Mr. Freeze quotes already. I know you want to.

So, according to that eerily familiar outpost keeper, the last relic is stashed in here. Fourth dungeon of the game, it's one giant maze from start to finish. The main attraction here, aside from the warp-holes that can shoot you to the other end of the room, are these giant ice cubes containing one of three monsters: a Golem, a Demoness, or a Claw Dasher. Smashing the cube open will awaken the monster inside.
Also, along the way you'll find keys encased in, you guessed it, ice. The only way to thaw 'em out is by aligning the panels. And then there's the end boss, surprisingly a real breather compared to the rest of the dungeon... if you can separate it from its pet.

Barring the hubs and the final zone, that should be the last of it. And best of all, we've successfully halted Risky's plans for good! Boo-YAH!! Now to head back to base, and...

...Wait, what's that noise outside? It's like I'm hearing high-pitched gibberish all of a sudden, coupled with what appears to be muffled screaming and a... vicious, semi-raspy... cackle...
[Image: dPayUcS.png]
...Of course. She was the keeper. Crud. Well, looks like we're headed to the final zone anyways, folks! Next time, it's steam-powered terror as we tackle the last(Fo' reals) dungeon.
Now if you'll excuse me a minute, fellas, I've got an rescue op to prepare.
[Image: gsopcsignaturesf4.png]
Sprite ripper, artist, and STILL a Puffy AmiYumi fan to this very day.
----------------------------
*All sprites in the signature and in the avatar are copyrighted by their respective owners.*
Thanked by: redblueyellow

Messages In This Thread
RE: Gussprint's Sprite Rip Central Redux - by Ton - 01-14-2016, 12:58 AM
RE: Gussprint's Sprite Rip Central Redux - by Ton - 02-03-2016, 03:58 PM
RE: Gussprint's Sprite Rip Central Redux - by Gussprint - 03-22-2016, 01:56 PM
RE: Gussprint's Sprite Rip Central Redux - by Ton - 09-20-2016, 01:35 PM