Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Gussprint's Sprite Rip Central Redux
*Emerges from a warp pipe, all dusty and bruised.*
Well, this run sure was something. The next batch is up and running, but first an update for one of the previous tilesets. Details below the spoiler tag, since it got a bit... chaotic somewhere along the ride.
That zombie girl's a "bad influence", alright. Anyway, on to the batch.

Background Set °3
[Image: rdaTLan.png] <-- "Wouldja like some cheese with yer NIGHTMARES?"

Things are starting to get dark and spooky, as we track down the Zombie Caravan. Let's get ravin'.
Drizzling Deluge: Yeah, that's the best one I've got. East of Water Town is a bay/cliff area where it's constantly raining. Good luck getting out of the rapids if you slip, unless you're a really good swimmer.
Swamp Junction: From constant deluge to the bog. A natural progression. Good legwork will keep you out of any danger, save for the local undead. Also contains the entrance to the third dungeon, which we'll cover in a sec.
Rottytops' Challenge: BONUS TIME! This is the background for the race minigame with Rottytops. I can imagine this tileset being used for a full stage, with a bit of tweaking.

Cackle Mound
[Image: oxwAcze.png] <-- Who said darkness can't be beneficial to your continued existance?

Back to the Roots of darkness we go. Third dungeon of the game, and this is where things get serious("Level 3" rule in effect, folks). According to our "guide", a society of Shriekers dwells inside this place, along with a few Demonesses taking refuge. Couple that with the over-abundance of ghouls itchin' for a bite of half-genie flesh and you've got yourself quite the situation. Using the darkness to your advantage is key to survival.
Also of note is the end boss, AKA that lumbering pile of resilience and spinning that is resistant to pretty much everything but the kitchen sink... yet can't take a 100-feet fall. Also, I hear it hates spiders.

Well, aside from the usual shenanigans, we're one relic away from shutting Risky's plans down. Our next destination: Mount Pointy! We'll be stocking up at the nearest outpost, then off to finish this...

...By the way, is it me or does the outpost's keeper look familiar? It's like we've seen her before, but I can't quite put my finger on where exactly...
[Image: ZYcu9mF.png]
...Naaah, probably just my imagination.

EDIT: For those who missed it, I've put the update to Background Set °1 up on the first post. This was the first time I've used the "Revise" function, so let me know if I screwed something up.
[Image: gsopcsignaturesf4.png]
Sprite ripper, artist, and STILL a Puffy AmiYumi fan to this very day.
----------------------------
*All sprites in the signature and in the avatar are copyrighted by their respective owners.*
Thanked by: Jermungandr

Messages In This Thread
RE: Gussprint's Sprite Rip Central Redux - by Ton - 01-14-2016, 12:58 AM
RE: Gussprint's Sprite Rip Central Redux - by Ton - 02-03-2016, 03:58 PM
RE: Gussprint's Sprite Rip Central Redux - by Gussprint - 03-11-2016, 05:36 PM
RE: Gussprint's Sprite Rip Central Redux - by Ton - 09-20-2016, 01:35 PM