Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
If You Could Change Things In Games...
Play Super Mario Maker. It gives you an idea of how the consumer side of the market currently looks.
There will be bullshit stages, because players feel the need to fill that niche (or just want to be assholes). The most popular stages however are the insultingly easy ones and even then a large chunk manages to die there. REPEATEDLY!!!

Looking at the most recent Mario games, there are things for both the masters of gaming and the digitally impaired.
On one side, we have things like Star Coins, which are often in places that further challenges the player's platforming abilities and unlock rewards, but aren't required to beat the game.
On the other side, there's the "I win" power-up for those who get very stuck and want to advance really bad. They get to play the next level and don't have to resort to perma-rage-quitting the game.
Complaining about an optional feature that makes the game easier is selfishly elitist. "A baby can beat the game now, so it's a baby's game." Have you tried getting all the Star Coins? Or did the filthy casuals take that away from you? I know we're dealing with "What if" situations here, our ideas on how to improve the games we love, but in the end, it's not YOUR game. It's EVERYONE'S game.

I'm sorry for being so overly blunt, but that's my two cents on the matter.
[Image: QUmE6.gif]
My Game Maker games (Dropbox download links):

Thanked by: miyabi95_

Messages In This Thread
If You Could Change Things In Games... - by Koh - 01-08-2016, 11:04 AM
RE: If You Could Change Things In Games... - by NICKtendo DS - 01-17-2016, 04:37 PM