Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
If You Could Change Things In Games...
(01-09-2016, 10:18 AM)Koh Wrote: Oh, I understand WHY some of them were long, for all the customizable data that needs to be loaded in, but they did often include a lot of unnecessary characters in the system, and also were longer than necessary for some games.  A perfect example being Rambo NES.  See AVGN about that here:  https://youtu.be/ttd_HcgaoXQ?t=400
Although the passwords weren't as bad as some NES era titles, I thought it was kinda silly that Mega Man X1-3 and MM7 used passwords for how far into the SNES' lifespan they were released (93-95).

@daemoth: I think some recent Capcom fighters allow for simple-input specials (IIRC Super Street Fighter IV 3DS had such a feature). However, I'd only be comfortable if simple-input specials did lesser damage. I will say, though, that SNK fighters can have absolutely bullshit inputs.

Speaking of silly inputs, though, I would change Super Smash Bros Melee in two major ways: streamlining wavedashing to make it easier to do yet less effective in use (less distance for certain characters and some frames of lag in between dashes), and remove L-canceling altogether (I'd put the landing lag for aerials somewhere more than L-canceling but less than landing without it).
Offending people is a necessary and healthy act... Every time you say something that's offensive to another person, you just caused a discussion. You just forced them to have to think. - Louis C.K.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
If You Could Change Things In Games... - by Koh - 01-08-2016, 11:04 AM
RE: If You Could Change Things In Games... - by BullockDS - 01-09-2016, 12:53 PM