Users browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)
Sonic the Hedgehog Games Model Ripping
(07-25-2016, 07:53 PM)Yarcaz Wrote: Ok I figured out how to get the data and extract the files from the iso ".cdi" file using a "Deamon Tools" trial, now..... I have a new problem, there are new file types that I just looked up and the tools that I tried to use to open/extract/decompress/unpack/rip from these files did not work.

If anyone has any tool suggestions let me know.

I will update this to have a list of these files below.

.ADX
.AFS
.BIN
.DRV
.MPB
.PRS
.PVM
.PVP/.pVp
.PVR
.SFD
.m1v/.M1V
.MTL
.SCR

And if anyone knows where the models are located please let me know.

.AFS file is a generic archive for PS2 games.
.BIN files are generic binary files. You'll have to reverse-engineer it by yourself.
.PVR files are Dreamcast files, specifically a PowerVR texture file. According to fileinfo.com,
Quote:Texture file used by mobile devices and the Sega Dreamcast; provides a container that hosts compressed texture data that is optimized for POWERVR graphics chips; designed for displaying performance graphics in devices with smaller hardware footprints, such as mobile devices.
.SFD files are generic movie formats. Originally made for the Dreamcast, they were ported over to other consoles. They can be converted to .mpeg files with sfd2mpg.

Some of the other files are described in the post above me.
Some guy who just lurks this place nowadays.
Thanked by: Yarcaz

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sonic the Hedgehog Games Model Ripping - by nobody231 - 08-28-2016, 11:56 PM