Users browsing this thread: 7 Guest(s)
Sonic the Hedgehog Games Model Ripping
(02-16-2016, 09:43 AM)Yarcaz Wrote:
(02-15-2016, 10:13 PM)Kawasuzu Wrote: Sonic Generations 3DS has a file type called amb but it's funnily enough a renamed cpk file. You can easily use the cpk unpacker to unpack the amb files.

Odd I tried that and it didn't work. I tried using "QuickBMS" and a "CPK" script (cpk.bms) [which I found thanks to sonic retro on the Sonic Generations PC Community Hacking Guide Page full of useful programs and tips] which is what I use for unpacking ".cpk" files normally and it didn't work. I also tried copying a few files and rename them to ".cpk" and then try to use this method again and I still got the same thing. Also Sonic Lost World also has ".amb" files so I'm assuming that they are the same, so are they really renamed ".cpk" files or a similar file format, or am I being stupid?

Huh, I guess it only works for music files then. Anyways, the 7z that I sent you is actually compressed. If you unpack it, the actual size will be around 900 MB. Anyways, only use QuickBMS CPK on the music AMB files. Use AMBextract on the other AMB files.

.asan.cooked is the model file of Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal. We need to find/create a maxscript/program that can import these models/convert these models to dae.
Thanked by: Yarcaz

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sonic the Hedgehog Games Model Ripping - by Kawasuzu - 02-16-2016, 08:43 PM