Users browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)
Sonic the Hedgehog Games Model Ripping
(02-15-2016, 10:13 PM)Kawasuzu Wrote: Sonic Generations 3DS has a file type called amb but it's funnily enough a renamed cpk file. You can easily use the cpk unpacker to unpack the amb files.

Odd I tried that and it didn't work. I tried using "QuickBMS" and a "CPK" script (cpk.bms) [which I found thanks to sonic retro on the Sonic Generations PC Community Hacking Guide Page full of useful programs and tips] which is what I use for unpacking ".cpk" files normally and it didn't work. I also tried copying a few files and rename them to ".cpk" and then try to use this method again and I still got the same thing. Also Sonic Lost World also has ".amb" files so I'm assuming that they are the same, so are they really renamed ".cpk" files or a similar file format, or am I being stupid?

Also for Sonic Generations How do you open up a lot of the models? Some of them I can open and are ".bcres" which "Ohana3DS Rebirth" can open but there are files like ".bcenv", ".amb", ".bmis", ".bprm", ".bcmdl" and other files that I son't know how to open or convert so that I can find out what they contain and where the models files are.

One question to you or anyone else (assuming that you have the files from sonic generatioms 3ds), how big is/are the files of Sonic Generations 3DS for you? A friend of mine today just game me a link to a "Generations 3DS TARGET.CPK unpacked" .zip file which was only 434 MB, which is small compared to the 3ds files of the other 2 3ds sonic game files that I received from "nobody231" through his links which was (1.9 GB for Sonic Boom Shattered Crystal 3DS) & (1.5 GB for Sonic Lost World 3DS), so I just want to make sure.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sonic the Hedgehog Games Model Ripping - by Yarcaz - 02-16-2016, 09:43 AM