Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
[TUTORIAL] Making BMS Scripts; Post and get help with your BMS scripts!
(05-07-2017, 09:16 PM)ThatTrueStruggle Wrote: Here you go. I wrote this in about an hour and wasn't too hard. Usage below:
Code:
MTX2TXT -d inputMTX outTXT : This decodes an MTX into a TXT file. Replace inputMTX with the path to the MTX file and outTXT with the name you want to it be.
MTX2TXT -e inputTXT outMTX: This encodes a TXT file into a MTX file. Replace inputTXT with the path to the TXT file and outMTX with the name you want to it be.

When you want to encode a text file, make sure you have the setup like the decoded MTX files (text on new lines for each one)

This was a fun little project and I haven't had so much fun writing something like this in a while. Hope you enjoy!  Big Grin
(I can provide source code to this if you'd like to look at how it works, it's pretty simple)

Hello ThatTrueStruggle, first of all thank you very much for your time, it works!
I was working with the SLog option from QuickBMS without any satisfactory result, also trying to code but I was far from this yet.

Here is the result:
[Image: giphy.gif]

Notes:

1.- When you decode (-d) you need to add the path to the .txt file too (Maybe I misunderstood the instructions but I thought the .txt file would be created just specifying it's name).  Not a problem.

2.- When open the extracted .txt file, notepad shows the text all together, without line separation per text section.  This was solved in Notepad++.

[Image: notepad_vs_notepad_01.png]

3.- The line break symbol is unknown (), but I just copied it and paste where was requiered, it worked.

4.- Not sure if all text were extracted for one file... Is there a way to prove that all text were extracted?  The file "mainmenuJapanese.mtx" just have twelve lines in the extracted .txt file and it not cover all the main menu text in the game, also the text extraction made by another person some time ago (review here) includes more line covering all main menu text (39 lines).

That mainmenuJapanese It could be a compilation of various files, I'll explore the files to see if I can find the othee parts, or if there is a way to review the .mtx file and see if that's all the text I'll appreciate that.

I'm glad that you enjoyed doing something that was a nightmare for me (Not that bad, but I was so far).  And of course I enjoyed the result, thanks again!! I'll share the english patch with you once it get done (Based in your dumps, I assume that you own a Wii U, hope you enjoy this puzzle game too).

Edit:
Related to the source code, I'll return as one of your padawan to become a Jedi on this like Pingu! did.  For the moemnt, I'll concentrate to finish this translation.

zL
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Tutorial] Making BMS Scripts - by Saeid0034 - 03-21-2020, 05:17 AM
RE: [Tutorial] Making BMS Scripts - by justdancer - 07-02-2016, 01:53 AM
RE: [Tutorial] Making BMS Scripts - by dionn1993 - 07-10-2019, 12:06 AM
RE: [Tutorial] Making BMS Scripts - by SKYHAMSTER - 08-06-2020, 06:06 AM
RE: [Tutorial] Making BMS Scripts - by Yarcaz - 11-18-2015, 08:19 AM
RE: [Tutorial] Making BMS Scripts - by Shade - 11-18-2015, 05:31 PM
RE: [Tutorial] Making BMS Scripts - by Yarcaz - 11-18-2015, 05:04 PM
RE: [Tutorial] Making BMS Scripts - by Hallow - 12-22-2015, 06:59 PM
RE: [Tutorial] Making BMS Scripts - by Hallow - 12-22-2015, 10:42 PM
RE: [Tutorial] Making BMS Scripts - by TGE - 12-24-2015, 08:14 PM
RE: [Tutorial] Making BMS Scripts - by Hallow - 12-24-2015, 08:57 PM
RE: [Tutorial] Making BMS Scripts - by nobody231 - 12-24-2015, 09:01 PM
RE: [Tutorial] Making BMS Scripts - by TGE - 12-25-2015, 06:36 AM
RE: [TUTORIAL] Making BMS Scripts; Post and get help with your BMS scripts! - by zADAN - 05-08-2017, 06:54 AM