Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Ripping from a game with little to no files!?!? Or bad iso?
Slightly older and sadly not much better informed me here.

I've gone through a couple cycles of relearning, retrying, failing, giving up, and forgetting this sense my last post, and have come across nothing new. Here's the process for any wayward souls who wanders in and wants to try their hand at figuring this out for themselves. Please let us know how if you figure it out, ye wayward one.

1.) Extract the files from the .iso with Dolphin.
   (Process: Right click game in Dolphin > Properties > Filesystem > Right click the disk > Extract)
2.) Extract the afs_data.afs file with AFS Explorer.
3.) (The problem step) Figure out how to turn .arc files or their contents into actual usable model files. Some of them can be eextracted with 7z, but I don't really understand the rhyme or reason as to which ones are extractable. Extracting from pl020ag_mdl.arc gave me [0] and pl020ag_mdl, and this naming convention seems to carry across most the extractable ones.

I've read in a few places that Gamecube games are mainly C and C++ with lots of Assembly strewn in there so it's very possible the process of ripping the models may require some sort of decompiler in one of those languages.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ripping from a game with little to no files!?!? Or bad iso? - by Skybot437 - 04-08-2020, 12:05 AM