Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
re-created 8-Bit mario + Recolors from SMB-Modern Mario
[Image: b40c0a66123db2a1b227cb9dc8fa6edf.png]

"Well, I re-created the original sprite, Which was hard, I'm new to spriting." so you did a more tedious copy paste, so what? it wasn't using skill to do that either. I can look at a sprite and match it pixel per pixel as well. Though due to the size of these, i'll assume you used a large square brush rather than a single pixel brush, especially with how I see some offsets in it. One, don't do that. Use a single pixel brush. Its easier and looks nicer 99.9% of the time when you do things to scale properly.

EDIT:So you just did it pixel by pixel and scaled it up for some reason, ok. Don't, again. Just don't. If you want to edit I personally think thats fine, but try and do heavy modifications. What is impressive is technical skill and how you use it, which can result in art styles. Technical skill is mostly using knowledge about proportions and lighting to make something and learn how things should look, how you use it can mean you take what you learn and apply it to your own ideas, making neat things as realistically as possible. (I don't mean hyper realism, more you can see it working in its own world with colors and shading and form that all make sense, this can work for even cartoons.) this takes years of practice and criticism to achieve even good or decent quality work (well for me at least). Criticism is not the polar opposite of a compliment, its criticism. it may seem rude, but you can see it has good intention.

Most people here have been working hard on improving their own work for years, so when they see something that almost anyone can do at a starting level, and they seem to want compliments for it. You should expect criticism for your work, and attitude.
Thanked by: SmithyGCN, Joxon

Messages In This Thread
RE: re-created 8-Bit mario + Recolors from SMB-Modern Mario - by -Ash- - 10-06-2015, 03:25 PM