Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Middens/Gingiva Ripping Project (Complete)
I couldn't agree more, DarkGrievous. One of the reasons for my constant updates is to ensure that I am actively ripping and not idling, preventing the game from receiving a proper rip. Your support goes great lengths to make me feel less iffy about my decision to lay claim to the games, as I was afraid that the general reaction would be fairly hostile.

Also, if you'd like to have my opinion on Middens, I would say that the game is certainly filled with interesting assets, but I can only recommend it in short bursts at a time. The layout is somewhat confusing and the battles are often a bit overwhelming. The chaotic nature of the game makes it difficult to tell which areas should be approached earlier than others, and some of the major game mechanics aren't implemented in the most smooth ways. Prolonged play can get somewhat tedious, and the novelty of the exquisite surrealist art starts to fall to the wayside of the uninspired and often aimless exploration. The game also has occasional issues with characters speaking in "WHOA DUDE THAT IS DEEP" language despite being especially cryptic without being terribly thought provoking, as if somebody is madly pretending or satirizing existential and post modern philosophers. I'm certainly a fan of the game's aesthetic over anything else about it, which is a field where the game REALLY exceeds.

Then again, the game is free, so my criticism does little to say that the game isn't at least worth trying out.

I feel the sequel (prequel?) Gingiva solved some of the issues I had with the first game.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Thanked by: DarkGrievous7145

Messages In This Thread
RE: Middens/Gingiva Ripping Project - by Dunkelschwamm - 10-09-2015, 02:21 AM
RE: Middens/Gingiva Ripping Project - by Ton - 10-13-2015, 01:53 PM