Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Super Bouncy Cat [finished]
Nice game! I have agree with the map screen, the level markers aren't extremely clear and it took me a while to find the first level. A more noticeable colour or just a bigger marker would help. I like the controls though, it's a really neat idea that I think would be nice to try and utilise in a mobile game. The art is great as well Smile

One thing that got me was that I wasn't always sure where I would end up or whether a normal jump would get me to a certain height. I would suggest is having a sort of dotted line which shows your trajectory, similar to Gunpoint (you can watch the trailer to see what I mean). Seeing as you're jumping most of the time, I think it would be a justified improvement.

I also think adding wide-screen support would be nice if possible. It would generally look nicer, and I don't see much of a reason to not have it (you could probably extend the menu and map screen, or just add some kind of tiled background to fill in the sides). The levels just seem a bit cramped since a good portion of my screen isn't being used.

The whole Game Maker this is certainly a pain, I managed to ignore the watermark most of the time though. Like Bombshell said I would suggest using more of a "proper" programming language in the future, I'm gonna be biased as well and suggest Haxe, although there's obviously an entire plethora of languages and methods to choose from.

This is all just suggestions though, it's perfectly playable and fun as it is and I can totally understand if you're done with it. Definitely an awesome effort, a nice bit of platforming fun and I think I'll be able to sink a good couple of hours into it Smile
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford

Messages In This Thread
Super Bouncy Cat [finished] - by NICKtendo DS - 07-08-2015, 05:19 PM
RE: Super Bouncy Cat [finished] - by NICKtendo DS - 07-09-2015, 03:11 AM
RE: Super Bouncy Cat [finished] - by Bombshell93 - 07-09-2015, 03:41 AM
RE: Super Bouncy Cat [finished] - by NICKtendo DS - 07-09-2015, 04:36 AM
RE: Super Bouncy Cat [finished] - by puggsoy - 07-09-2015, 04:54 AM
RE: Super Bouncy Cat [finished] - by NICKtendo DS - 07-09-2015, 05:06 AM
RE: Super Bouncy Cat [finished] - by puggsoy - 07-09-2015, 06:45 AM
RE: Super Bouncy Cat [finished] - by NICKtendo DS - 07-09-2015, 07:44 AM
RE: Super Bouncy Cat [finished] - by Bombshell93 - 07-09-2015, 07:56 AM
RE: Super Bouncy Cat [finished] - by NICKtendo DS - 07-09-2015, 08:04 AM
RE: Super Bouncy Cat [finished] - by puggsoy - 07-09-2015, 09:24 AM