Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Creating a Language, how hard can it be?
so on the matter of words and word soundings I think its worth giving a crack now, as you suggest Gors, the language should start with a human implied base, its worth considering older necessities of language before considering continditionals,
I was thinking the tiny words approach to lettering was becoming a bit of a crux and that I needed something to better control sound from meaning, I think it may be better then to consider the use of a sound as a literal to be the special case (capitalization as previously stated), the use of it purely as a sound to be the norm, and the use of it as a poetic to be implicit in nouns
So here is a base of words I believe would apply to an early language, taking into account our inherit reactions to sound,
Code:
Sound (Capital Sound) - literal meaning - poetic meaning - special casing
Mah (May) - Mother - Female, To Care, To Carry, To Want Care
Pah (Pie) - Father - Male, To Defend, To Cover, To Want Protection
Mur (Moor) - Family - Relation, Blood, Kin Of - use is largely literal making proper nouns of Mah as Mahmur and Pah as Pahpur aloe, Murm meaning Family, Moors meaning Own Family
Oom (Ohm) - Food - Hunger, To be Eadible, To Eat, To Receive, To Absorb
Air (Ay) - Danger - Urgency, Threatening, To Alarm, To be Alarmed - when used alone Nay meaning no, Nair meaning negative, less than
Ih (Eye) - Good - Positive, More Than, Yes, To be Well, To do Well - when used alone Ih meaning yes, Eye meaning positive, more than
Okay so this doesn't feel as complete as I'd thought it would, I think this is a case where research would help a lot so I'll take a look into histories of language and implicitness of language to refine this into a more natural seeming language.
In the interest of natural use I think the characters would do better to combine during use within a word, something implicit, such as,
PahAir not being (Pah-Air) but being Payr, just for examples sake I'd imagine this as meaning poison, danger in food or water, to not be consumed
Thanked by: puggsoy, psychospacecow

Messages In This Thread
RE: Creating a Language, how hard can it be? - by Bombshell93 - 06-28-2015, 08:41 AM