Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Creating a Language, how hard can it be?
(06-27-2015, 09:12 PM)Bombshell93 Wrote:
Code:
Writing (romanized sounding) - literal meaning - interpreted meaning - name
Cibutau (see-boo-tow) - the great help of the home - the strong support of the home - a home guard
Ciutc (see-oots) - the lights end - a righteous end - a martyr
Untcbu (oot-boo) - to kill home - to betray - a traitor

You say "Ciutc" means "a righteous end", but I feel like it could also be used for something like "to end righteousness" or "the end of righteousness". Would this be Utci? Or is it just dependant on context?

I also feel like you need to form of structure, not just in terms of syntax (orders of words and such) but also things like the types of words, and the kind of affects you can have on words. For instance in English we have nouns, verbs, conjunctions, etc. Verbs also have different tenses, present, past perfect, past participle, and different ways of using them, e.g. "I saw it" for past perfect and "I have seen it" for past participle, not "I seen it". Things like ownership also need good definitions. In English we use "that book is mine" or "that is my book", while in Arabic (in which I'm not fluent but know a little bit) you would add "ee" onto the end of a noun which is belonging to the speaker. So if (hypothetically) the Arabic word for "book" was the same as in English, a book belonging to me would be "bookee".

I'm not a linguist or anything, but these are the sort of things I feel you should consider and implement in your language. It might be good to get help from somebody who knows a non-European language and who can show the different ways in which languages can be constructed (like the comparison between English and Arabic that I showed above). I know Dutch but being European and derived from Latin it's too similar to English to really make good comparisons.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford

Messages In This Thread
RE: Creating a Language, how hard can it be? - by puggsoy - 06-28-2015, 12:16 AM