Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Creating a Language, how hard can it be?
I've considered making an english-like language ut it feels too convinient, not to mention I like the kind of cryptic story telling we get in games such as the souls series and the halo terminals where the players engage so much as to investigate the world to unravel what is written in word, likewise a partially interpret language would encourage investigation into context, gradually making more sense of what is said... I was also watching the da vinci code at reaching this conclusion where the clever use of literals made for silly puzzle plot movers which peaked my interest.
so a little less rum and a little more thinking has made it apparent to me it is far better to start an alphabet with words that can and will be used, though the I don't have an idea to the sounds yet, it is clear the following alphabet characters should exist,
Code:
To Be / To Contain / To Be Part Of / To Take Part In
To Do / To Enthuse Of / To Allow
To Have / To Be Made Of / To Be Family Of / To Own
To Recieve / To Accept / To Embrace / To Be Surrounded By / Of Mercy
To Give / To Expel / To Spread Amongst / Of Generosity
Time
Location (a place or area)
Orientation (an individuals position)
Positive
Negative
Hard / Strong / Heavy
Soft / Weak / Light
Sky / Air / Weather / Space / To Be Free
Earth / Rock / Metal / Underground / To Stand
Sea / Water / Ice / To Flow
Head / Mind / Atra
Heart / Blood / Health
Hand / To Attack / To Do
Foot / To Move / To Jump
Body / To Support / To Defend
Thats 20, but I'm thinking there will need to be some conventions in place to show where literals are being used
Thanked by: psychospacecow

Messages In This Thread
RE: Creating a Language, how hard can it be? - by Bombshell93 - 06-28-2015, 12:03 AM