Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
The Jam Engine - and the tiny prototypes that help me build it
oh the texture at the moment is debugging texture (hence the 2 arrows on the walls, blatantly meaning positive X and Y in texture space) there will be lighting on a per tile basis, but its not a top priority,
while I'm positing might aswell make a progress report;
atm I'm making it region based mapping ready for a world builder, each region is 32 x 32 tiles and has its own assigned texture and texture offset, allowing hopefully a very diverse world.
I have had a brain storm of what I'd like the game to be,
I want a hub, with facilities to purchase items, modify / augment equipment and means to quick travel between areas, this quick travel I do not want as a teleport, I want it as a tram system, rolling you through areas you have conquered.
gunplay I'm unsure on at the moment, but I'm thinking bioshock-esque, 1 utility hand and 1 gun hand, utilities being things like flash, push, freeze, make enemy explosive? Guns will be modular, you'll have your core module determining what kind of gun it is (pellet, shotgun, missle, lazer) and then 3 modules modifying the weapon, be its damage, element, firing pattern, etc. Gun cores and Utilities should be earned through significant battles to reward the players progression.
Inventory I intend to make important, health items, armour pieces and resources for augmenting.
Enemies I want to have behaviours, perhaps the likes of which classic FPS's could not deliver, I at least want bosses to be significant figures who are unmistakable and formidable

... I dont know that I can come up with much more short of actually making it, but I figure its good to have an outline of where I'm going
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Retro Fps - possibly RPG? - open for suggestion - by Bombshell93 - 06-25-2015, 10:18 AM