Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
BLOODSTAINED - Koji Igarashi's Newest Project Unveiled
(05-18-2015, 02:15 PM)Koh Wrote: I don't think it's a piece of shit, pretty good actually, just its stiff controls suck.  Once you've played games with much better control, in the same genre and same category (arcade, platformer, or whatever), downgrading to something that's unnecessarily much more stiff than it needs to be just sucks.  

Mario came before Castlevania, and is a time-tested, approved way to handle jumping control, for example.  So if you've played something like that, then go to Haunted Castle, Castlevania 1-3, or Rondo of Blood, that's an immediate stiff feeling you face, because it's missing such a simple element that was made a standard before they even existed.

I don't think anyone here really dislikes the linear style. In fact I've seen some support for another game like that, but only if it had controls like Super Castlevania 4, which I agree with.

I didn't like the chess comparison earlier for the same reason I don't like the Mario comparison now. Super Mario Bros. and Castlevania are not really even attempting to be similar games.

Super Mario Bros. is literally about physics, and those first Mario games from Donkey Kong on up through Super Mario Bros. 3 (and then again later on with the advent of 3D platforming) was all about physics. Look, now we have gravity (Donkey Kong), look, now we have traction (Mario Bros.), look, now we have momentum (Super Mario Bros.), look, now we have vertical space (Super Mario Bros. 2), look, we polished everything (Super Mario Bros. 3).

Castlevania isn't about physics. That isn't its gimmick.
[Image: Dexter.png]  [Image: Bubbles.png]  [Image: SNWzHvA.png]   [Image: SamuraiJack2.png] [Image: kQzhJLF.png]  [Image: Pikachu.png] [Image: tSCZnqw.png]
Thanked by: Kitsu, E-Man

Messages In This Thread
RE: BLOODSTAINED - Koji Igarashi's Newest Project Unveiled - by Kriven - 05-18-2015, 02:40 PM