Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
BLOODSTAINED - Koji Igarashi's Newest Project Unveiled
(05-14-2015, 09:48 PM)Kosheh Wrote: Oh, I think he's referring to all the behind the scenes drama with Mighty No. 9.

Dina Abou Karam contributed some really lousy ideas and was clearly trying to push an agenda while still a backer. "What if Beck was a girl? Please consider a genderswap mode, we need more fair representation of women in games." At the time, her social media accounts were all about SJW-ish things, and it was generally shrugged off.
Then shit hit the fan - her Japanese boyfriend managed to secure her a position as the head of PR.
SJW + PR head = totally going to push an agenda, right? On top of that, she outright mentioned that she's never played a Megaman game. You know, among a development team consisting of MM veterans.
The result - well, the news was a Pepcid AC tablet chucked into a soda bottle made of gamers. Get what I'm saying?

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/12...ppointment

More info ^

Things got even more hectic when she posted character designs she made herself that were going to contribute to the game. At this point, a lot of people thought she was going to hardcore push an SJW agenda throughout the game's development span.
Eventually, one of the developers spoke up and confirmed that she was not making any major contributions and that they weren't going to alter any of the character designs in her favor - and those decisions were up to Inafune as they always have been. Her job was to run the social media accounts, and that her personal views weren't at all going to conflict with her job (to advertise the game)

I'm sure more drama's cooked up since then but basically everything's still on track and the game's seeing a release date of mid-September.
And, as community manager, she bannedĀ people on the forumsĀ for having certain sets of opinions (as in, the forums you were guaranteed access to as a backer).

But beyond that, I think I've heard that some people have expressed disappointment with MN9's gameplay not feeling quite "Megaman-y" enough.
Offending people is a necessary and healthy act... Every time you say something that's offensive to another person, you just caused a discussion. You just forced them to have to think. - Louis C.K.
Thanked by: psychospacecow

Messages In This Thread
RE: BLOODSTAINED - Koji Igarashi's Newest Project Unveiled - by BullockDS - 05-14-2015, 09:56 PM