Users browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)
BLOODSTAINED - Koji Igarashi's Newest Project Unveiled
Personally, if it were Classicvania-styled, I'd either want

a) something akin to Castlevania X68000/Chronicles: the game was essentially based off of the original CV's gameplay but with an additional subweapon (the Laurel) and the ability to whip downwards (straight or diagonally) in-air; this ability was a nice safety option that didn't keep the game from being deliciously difficult
b) gameplay a la Super Castlevania IV, but only on the condition that the levels are designed to take full advantage of such free, fluid gameplay; I always felt that Super CV4 never did the best job with this in its level design, as if the 8-directional whip and fully controllable jump were very late additions in development

Either way, if it's 2D and sprite-based (yeah right), I'd wish real hard that IGA gets a hold of the spriter(s) who worked on Symphony of the Night. *drool*
Offending people is a necessary and healthy act... Every time you say something that's offensive to another person, you just caused a discussion. You just forced them to have to think. - Louis C.K.
Thanked by: Gors

Messages In This Thread
RE: Koji Igarashi's Newest Project - SWORD OR WHIP? - by BullockDS - 05-07-2015, 09:10 AM