Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
BLOODSTAINED - Koji Igarashi's Newest Project Unveiled
It's hilarious because I literally just finished my first full run-through (start to end) of the first Castlevania two weeks ago, so I can weigh in a bit more from a fresh perspective: I never really thought the controls were ~that~ stiff.

You moved at a pretty leisurely pace, sure, but it wasn't at a point where it was annoying or painful. Your jumps were uncontrollable in the air, but that's okay because the platforming portions of the game were still very much doable, and you ALWAYS knew where you were going when you jumped. The only thing I'd actually complain about is how much Simon would overreact to bumping into an enemy, like with any sequence involving medusa heads or flea men, but then again that kind of stuff was punishment for not being good enough to dodge or kill them before they become a problem in the first place.

Still in the end I'd prefer a new Metroidvania, personally. The classic Castlevania feel is fun and all, but I think I enjoyed the exploration factor of the newer titles much more. Something about the dungeon crawling aspect of the newer games really appeals to me. Hell, that's probably why we're making a decision between the Sword and the Whip on that teaser site in the first place; the sword's probably representing the Metroidvania formula while the whip represents the old Castlevania formula. We'll see in a few days, I guess.
HAVE I BEEN MISLEAD?? [Image: TeamStory.gif] THE DREAM ISN'T DEAD???

Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Koji Igarashi's Newest Project - SWORD OR WHIP? - by Rosencrantz - 05-07-2015, 03:15 AM