Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
BLOODSTAINED - Koji Igarashi's Newest Project Unveiled
I prefer stiff controls though, but well, preference

For me, a new Castlevania could have slightly limited air movement (not fixed air movement) and being able to whip in front and 45º upwards only. No whipping everywhere. Up and down whipping made the game a little too easy as you could foresee the upper/lower areas and kill them even before you arrived there

Sub-weapon could be its own button instead of up+attack though. Controllers now have more than 2 buttons.

The reason I want a new Castlevania instead of a new Metroidvania is that Metroidvanias feel like a chore. Games like Aria of Sorrow and SoTN are great on its own, yes, but most of the times the enemies are a pushover (especially with the level up system that makes you even stronger). Combat in the older games were more challenging because the enemies were placed according to the level design and thus required some thought to advance. It's thrilling to win the level with 2 blocks of life remaining in your HP bar, and I wish I could relive that.
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by: Rosencrantz

Messages In This Thread
RE: Koji Igarashi's Newest Project - SWORD OR WHIP? - by Gors - 05-06-2015, 07:55 AM