Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Has anyone figured out the .cno format?
(04-05-2015, 02:48 AM)aceres Wrote: I saw another post from you, I think you should bump older thread instead of creating new ones every time and keep the title more clear. "Has anyone figured out...", figured out what? Including ".cno format" might help everyone better.

I noticed in that other thread you have primitive sphere file as well. Where did you get these? Are they from a game or are you creating these yourself. If yourself what program is that and what are the dimensions of objects? Knowing their vertex coordinates might help.

I was always under the impression that bumping older threads on the forums was not allowed, and so didn't bother to do so.

As for where I got the model files, I ripped them from the PS3 PSN store version of The House of the Dead 4, which is an on-rails zombie shoot-'em-up game by Sega and Wow Entertainment. I used QuickBMS to get the files.

What I did was:

1. I obtained the .pkg file for the game,
2. I extracted the .BNK archive files inside using pkgview,
3. I extracted the IZCA archive files from inside the .BNK files using QuickBMS, and then,
4. I used TGE's Sega NN Library Resource Extractor BMS script to get the .cno model files from the IZCA archives, since this game seems to run on Sega's NN Library Engine, which uses chunk file extensions such as: .cno, .sno, .gno, .xno, and so on.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Has anyone figured out... - by aceres - 04-05-2015, 02:48 AM
RE: Has anyone figured out the .cno format? - by MakutaMaster962 - 04-05-2015, 10:27 AM