Users browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)
Submissions (OR: "Why is my sheet taking so long to get on the site?")
(05-15-2023, 07:01 PM)Wiw Wrote: Should I submit an icon for Wing Over?

If it's not on the site already or pending, then yes.

Rule of thumb: to make it easier for the staff to check the submissions, if it's a new game then you have to make a game icon. It would save a bit of time especially if it's an obscure game like this one. You can either grab a decent png screenshot off the Internet or even better fire up your system emulator/game (Duckstation or Mednafen in this example because it's a PS1 game), choose a good unfiltered shot at its native resolution and get it down towards the 240x125 size (usually by cropping but resizing if it's small e.g. Game Boy games or downsampling if it's a 640x480/HD/4KĀ game, there may be some filtering for the latter due to the game design). If there's already on one section of the site (Sprites, Textures, Models, Sounds), then just reuse the icon.

Otherwise the staff would have to get the icon and that would push it further back into the queue when there are games that are more prepared (rips with game icon, sheet icons) that they can check. The rips might even get rejected if they can't get an icon because there's no guarantee. There have been a few cases where another submitter had done a new game icon and put that into the pending queue but it's fairly rare for that to happen because usually it's replacing an existing icon.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Submissions (OR: "Why is my sheet taking so long to get on the site?") - by Yawackhary - 05-16-2023, 02:05 PM