Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Allegro 5 for C++ / Visual Studio Help
If you wanna get into C++, I dunno about Allegro, but I do know that www.lazyfoo.net has some of the most in-depth SDL tutorials I've ever seen. It's what I got started with, and I like it a lot. You should at least read the SDL setup tutorials there, because, as they say on the site, setting up libraries in VC++ is pretty much the same for each one, so if anything, it'll help you get started with Allegro and get it running before you try to code.

I'll warn you, I've been using C++ for a while, and while I love the sheer amount of control it offers, you'll find it's also one of the most strict languages out there, so be prepared to have a computer telling you what to do. ^^ Of course, being able to build for any platform and being one of the fastest languages out there, I'd say it's worth a shot if the above hasn't scared you off yet. Let me know if you need any help getting started. Like I said, I haven't had any experience with Allegro, but I know a fair bit about C++, and I can help you with your code.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Allegro 5 for C++ / Visual Studio Help - by Kelvin - 02-24-2015, 11:10 AM