Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Texture Remix (my image manipulation tool) - v1.2.0
(03-08-2015, 11:11 PM)Peardian Wrote:
(03-08-2015, 08:53 PM)MandL27 Wrote: So, from the OP, I'm assuming this means that any kind of normal map can be produced by this tool, as long as it uses similar channel mapping. The question therein becomes "what kinds of channel maps do Sonic Generations use, and how do I convert them to something OpenGL-friendly, since I don't understand how either parses normal maps?"

Not quite. You can only use it to convertĀ normal maps from things that are already normal maps with different channelĀ mapping. I included a tutorial image in the zip that gives the basics of Normal maps and how to use the program. I haven't worked with OpenGL personally, but I'm sure that it uses the common type of normal maps.

Well, I mean "take a normal map for one engine and turn it into a normal map from another engine," which is what your post says I can do. I'll probably have to look more into OpenGL/etc and see how they handle normal maps so I can get an idea of what the output should look like.
Edit:
(02-21-2015, 01:13 PM)Peardian Wrote: Oh, you know Java? It would be great if you helped out. Would you support it being up on GitHub?

Send me a PM and we can work out the details. Just as a heads-up, you'll have to use the NetBeans IDE.

Is using NetBeans a must for this, or can I instead use Eclipse? I took Java this year in comp-sci and I was using Eclipse the entire time.
3DS FC: 2105-8909-0435
NNID: MandL27
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Texture Remix (my image manipulation tool) - by MandL27 - 03-09-2015, 08:06 AM