Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
PewDiePie Against Nintendo's Cash Share Plan
(02-02-2015, 12:03 AM)Gwen Wrote: What's greedy is that people think they should get to keep all of the profits off of using somebody else's product.

With anything else, you either have to share profits, or pay for the rights to use material. Don't see why this should be any different. It doesn't matter that it's peanuts for Nintendo. Quite frankly it's their product that's being used to make money and they should be compensated. They're fully within their rights to shut these people down but instead they want to at least try working together. If I were an LP'er I'd be extremely grateful they're fine with me making any profits off of their content.
Also I don't get why we're lumping Game Journalism in with this. Most respectable places that review stuff get press kits, and aren't showing off the entire game. They may show a few clips but most of what they have to say is their opinion on the game itself.

EDIT: To answer that last point Helmo, if Nintendo wanted to I'm sure they could ask for this place to pay a fee for rights to use all of that. As it stands, most people use it for fan projects which aren't based around making money.
I think calling it a royalty fee is actually quite the best way to describe this.  I wish I had thought about it from that angle before, because now it makes even more sense.
[Image: tamerkoh.gif?9][Image: DevBanner.png][Image: Youtube.gif]DLBROOKS33
Thanked by: Gwen, BullockDS

Messages In This Thread
RE: PewDiePie Against Nintendo's Cash Share Plan - by Koh - 02-02-2015, 06:33 AM