Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
PewDiePie Against Nintendo's Cash Share Plan
(02-01-2015, 11:42 PM)Gwen Wrote: Not saying that this is any better but with a music label, where you usually CREATE your own content, you have to not only make back in sales studio costs, but after that you get 10-15% back from profits. Similarly, if you put your music up on band camp as an indie artist for example, you get 10% of the profits, or 15% if you exceed $5000 in sales in a year.
These people are making money off of somebody else's content, I just don't get how you can argue that Nintendo shouldn't get a cut, just because they're big that doesn't mean they don't deserve anything.
Also reviewers are completely different from LPs, please don't fucking lump Game journalism together with Lp'ers. With game journalism, these people are usually sent press kits to review. Same with music. Established reviewers are sent stuff to review, they make money off of giving their opinions and showing a few clips, not playing through an entire game and showing it's audience.
You're also naive to think Nintendo will remain to be the only one doing this.

I kind of thought that's what "ignore" meant. 

This system affects them both. Even reviewers who get sent free games still get content ID matched all the time. They will have to give Nintendo their money to review their games on their terms. It's bad for everyone was my point.

Also does this site owe Nintendo (among other companies) money? We take their models, sprites, textures, sounds, etc. and make money off of them.
Thanked by: Kriven, E-Man, Tellis

Messages In This Thread
RE: PewDiePie Against Nintendo's Cash Share Plan - by Helmo - 02-02-2015, 12:01 AM