Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
PewDiePie Against Nintendo's Cash Share Plan
(02-01-2015, 10:39 PM)Gwen Wrote:
(02-01-2015, 09:30 PM)puggsoy Wrote: I don't watch PewDiePie, the only video on his channel I've actively watched is a songification by Schmoyoho. The only real reason him speaking out is significant is because he's a significant Youtuber.

But anyway. While Nintendo do have a right to do this, I think it's pretty stupid of them. I would think that the free advertising they get from this would be more than enough compensation for the money Youtubers make - which, as TotalBiscuit said in the video Helmo posted, is already usually around 30-20% of the actual revenue generated. It's really just a dumb and greedy thing that I personally think might even decrease their sales.

What exactly is greedy about Nintendo wanting to get some profit from people using their content to make money? Nintendo's still okay with them making money, they just stand to make some themselves.

Please watch the videos I posted, or read their actual affiliate program.

You automatically lose 50% of your ad money to Google, than Nintendo takes like 30%. Also Nintendo states its arbitrary they can just take it ALL when they feel like it.

If we ignore let's players it completely screws game reviewers, game journalism, news, etc. all that shit. You shouldn't have to fucking pay them to use footage for fair use related things that's ludicrous.

Nintendo is literally the only fucking company pulling this shit.

Messages In This Thread
RE: PewDiePie Against Nintendo's Cash Share Plan - by Helmo - 02-01-2015, 11:28 PM