Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Pokken|WE FGC NOW. GOTTA CATCH THEM ALL Kappa
Holy shit. Actual gameplay footage. dat pika poke game

I never thought I'd be so absurdly hype about a Pokemon game, but this actually looks amazing. I especially like how there's a projectile combat phase and a melee phase, where the moment a character makes physical contact, combat becomes a single-plane traditional Tekken-esque fighting system with juggle combos.

Deep down though I feel like the projectile combat phase could be drawn out and abused with spamming projectiles the whole match :/ I think that's why the melee phase part of matches is a thing, though, but if there's like actual knockback with projectiles, that could get really obnoxious after a while, especially if you're trying to close in on your opponent.
I wouldn't mind if there was like, an Agility mechanic that allows you to sidestep projectiles with a precision button-press. That'd be kind of neat. :V

EDIT: Apparently I didn't watch the Machamp VS Suicune video. Machamp has a defensive roll he can use to dodge projectiles until he's close enough to force melee combat...but apparently, you can break melee combat and go back into projectile phase...and yeah, that's exactly what I'm talking about. That Machamp didn't really stand a chance with that Suicune spam game (especially with that obscene chip damage) ):

and that pika sumo stomp. oh my god. what disrespect
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!
Thanked by: Iceman404

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pokken|WE FGC NOW. GOTTA CATCH THEM ALL kappa - by Kosheh - 01-23-2015, 10:02 AM