Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney models
Super bump, but I started trying to figure out these files, and I'm pretty new to model data, so hopefully someone else with more experience may be able to figure it out from here.

The ".xi" files are images and can be extracted already.
I believe the ".prm" files are the mesh data. They are stored in a fairly basic way, but I can't figure out how to read them.

So here is Layton's body mesh file (000.prm), along with the textures and the already decoded data for the faces and vertices.
The prm basically just has the vertices and faces, so you can just ignore the PRM file.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nsq8jtrjo5l50s...n.zip?dl=1

To help with reading the data, there are supposed to be 412 points and 1085 faces, according to the headers in the prm.
The face.bin and vertex.bin seem to match up to that amount, so it seems accurate.

Each face value is obviously just a short, but some are repeated in a very odd manor. It seems wrong to have a face made up of three of the same point. Maybe there's a special order to read it in?

The vertex data, I have no idea. There appears to be something like 20 floats per entry or something like that. The math adds up, but I couldn't figure out which ones are points.
The second set of 3 floats seem to be the closest to making something, but the face data is so messed up I have no idea.

Hopefully this will help with figuring out the format and be worth the bump.
Thanked by: Curious Villager

Messages In This Thread
RE: Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney models - by Ploaj - 02-12-2016, 11:16 PM