Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Victory Among Others / Crushing Defeat (Best and Worst in Franchise)
I have several franchises where I have games that I love and hate, but I don't think anything tops my thoughts on Pokemon because of how much of a nerd I am. Sticking to the main series on this one.

Heart Gold and Soul Silver are my favorite entries in the series. Not out of sheer nostalgia from it being just remakes of an old game, but these two versions expanded on a lot of the stuff that was in both johto and kanto and most of this was due to greater technical features that the DS had compared to the original games. Frankly, I personally would want to play one of the games in these entries again because out of all the pokemon games these two have the most content given that there are two regions, 16 gyms, and a shit ton of things to do in the game if you followed the events. A runner up to this choice and probably the only one in the near future top HG and SS is Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, but that all depends on how the games are gonna be handled by game freak because there has been alot of speculation on whether or not there will be DLC or there will be another version or set of versions in the 6th generation.)

Now if I had to choose my least favorite set of versions in the series, I would honestly have to say the first versions of Black and White were my least favorites as separate entries. I don't hate the games per say and still like them because it showed how Game freak was willing to experiment with the idea of having a more developed story in a pokemon game. While it was cool and all to have that story the fact that there hardly was anything to do once you beat that story unless you had the other games, in other words not much of a post game. And another weakness that sort of plays into generation 5 as a whole, if you really want more out of Unova you had to get pokemon Black 2 and White 2 because the games ended on a cliffhanger. In the end it felt like a slap to the face because if you wanted to enjoy the story of it you'd have to get one version and the other, but if you only cared about having a lot to do in the games you were better off just getting B2 or W2. Looking back I just don't think Generation 5 was a really well executed generation, even to the point where I actually think Diamond and Pearl were actually decent games compared to that.
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by: Shade

Messages In This Thread
RE: Victory Among Others / Crushing Defeat (Best and Worst in Franchise) - by DioShiba - 01-04-2015, 06:20 PM