Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
games you dislike that everyone likes and vice versa
(01-23-2015, 07:49 PM)Kriven Wrote: It definitely can be. The same battle mechanics, world progression, stats... The only change would be swapping out Luigi for Yoshi if I felt so inclined, or Mario for Toad. The battle system could still revolve around two party members and even include a plethora of team attacks depending on who you have partnered together.

[Image: m%26l.png] [Image: m%26p.png]

Totally different games?

I had actually been thinking about this recently and I think I know a good reason this isn't a thing

In this example Luigi is swapped out for Peach. That's all fine and dandy so Mario uses A and Peach uses B

What about switching Mario out for Peach to get Luigi and Peach attacks

Now Peach uses A where she earlier used B

I know this is a lame problem (and not everyone would get tripped up by it) but one of the big things in the series is that Mario is controlled with A and Luigi is controlled with B, and having characters that swap which buttons they use would kinda go against that.

Of course maybe Peach can only replace Luigi, so characters are forced into particular slots

BUT DS games can use four buttons so a four-character party shouldn't be that big a deal. Four-button Action Commands worked in Partners in Time...
[Image: StickerStageItems.png]
Check out this review blog thing I do! Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 for Nintendo Switch was the latest review!
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: games you dislike that everyone likes and vice versa - by Zero Kirby - 01-24-2015, 02:36 AM