Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
games you dislike that everyone likes and vice versa
(01-23-2015, 04:05 PM)Goemar Wrote: Mario and Luigi is the far superior game in every way.

What about the Paper Mario games? Even though the Mario & Luigi games have overworld exploration more akin to a usual Mario game and the battle system (particularly the counters and Bros. Moves) offers a lot more action, the Paper Mario games comes close to it. A lot of it's environments are enjoyable/creative, it's vast cast is extremely memorable, and the writing/storytelling is insightful as it is amusing. Plus, there's several creative puzzles in that game I always look forward to solving.

Anyway, the biggest admirable trait I have for the Paper Mario games is that it's not afraid to be different. Besides the fact that it tries different styles of gameplay to the point of actually risking critical and fan reception, it's whole premise sets it apart from any Mario game (or nearly any game for that matter) ever since the first game. Even though the idea of a Mario game made of paper sounds ridiculous on… Well… Paper, it actually makes for a fun RPG that tests the limits of paper itself.

Sure, I like the Mario & Luigi games as much as the next guy, but the Paper Mario games are in a special place for me since they defined me from an early age and possesses a gimmick that captivates me to this very day.
(02-27-2014, 07:31 PM)Gors Wrote: DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SUCK. DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SHOW YOUR SUCKY ART. I think this needs to go noticed to everyone, because sucking is not failing. Sucking is part of the fun of learning and if you don't suck, then you won't own at pixelart

it's ok to suck, sucking is not bad, just try and aim to always do your best!
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: games you dislike that everyone likes and vice versa - by E-Man - 01-23-2015, 05:24 PM