Users browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)
games you dislike that everyone likes and vice versa
(01-21-2015, 12:22 PM)Vipershark Wrote: Oh by the way, I don't like Yoshi's Island.

I don't really like Yoshi as a character regardless (should have stayed as a rideable item) but outside of its graphics I think Yoshi's Island is a pretty overrated game.
The GBA version is slightly better than the SNES original, though.
YIDS is also bad but it's just a bad game regardless.

Haven't played Yoshi's Story yet so no comment on that one.

Yoshi's Story is a bag of crap I'll give you that. But Yoshi's Island is like one of (if not THE) best platformers ever. Not only that but it was absolutely butchered on the GBA. I mean even if (for reasons that make my brain hurt) Yoshi's Island was a bad game - how is the GBA version better? The music was ruined (as in murdered and thrown in a dumpster and set on fire), you couldn't see anything and it had that awful "everything must be pale" Mario Advance thing going on. It just isn't the better version. That's like saying that R-Type III on the GBA is better than the SNES one. It just isn't.

When I first played Yoshi's Island I sucked at it, and it didn't really leave me with a great impression. But when I went back and played it - dear lord it was good. Like amazing. Every time a sequel is announced I curse Nintendo because it's always some crappy company making it, and it's always terrible. Every time I go back and play it I'm generally shocked at how good i tis.

Rayman Origins and Yoshi's Island are just the pinnacle of platform games. They look great, sound great and play great.

We now have on your list, Super Metroid, Yoshi's Island, Mother 3 and Mario Galaxy 2. I hate to sound like a jerk but are you just going into these games with a negative attitude because so many like them? [As the kids put it, I think, "Being a Hipster" ?] It just seems like a lot of (arguably) the BEST of each genre seems to be on your dislike list...
[Image: randomimage.cgi]
Thanked by: E-Man, Tellis, Shade

Messages In This Thread
RE: games you dislike that everyone likes and vice versa - by Goemar - 01-22-2015, 06:23 PM