Users browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)
games you dislike that everyone likes and vice versa
It honestly comes off as more inflammatory to me to just drop a "this sucks" and leave instead of explaining your side of things, even if it's not explained in excruciating detail. Especially the way you've been wording your posts in this thread, Viper. If someone explains why they don't like a popular game, well, then I can go "well, I can see that" and like... move on? Or reply "Ah yeah, that never really bugged me, I always thought ___ outweighed that" or whatever? If someone doesn't want to explain but just says "I didn't really like ____" like, that's cool too, they don't like a thing but at least they're nice about it, you know? However when someone comes in and says "____ was terrible" or "i hated ____, it's the worst" or "____ is super overrated" and doesn't back that vitriol with something to justify it? They kiiiiiind of just sound like a judgmental asshole or someone trying REALLY hard to bait someone into making an angry post (which is ironic, considering it seems to be what you're trying to avoid). So like... chill. Elaborate. I understand being wary about having the discussion but I can't imagine a better thread for it than this.

I mean, if it bothers you, we could always add to the OP, along with an encouragement/rule to explain your reasoning for your opinion in the thread, a caveat of "don't post while angry" or to not let people's opinions get to you personally. Although I think after having the discussion on this going for about a page, if someone irrationally flips out at you for going into detail... well they're a dumbass, imo. Which, on a similar note, Gwen's post about Dr. Mario... didn't really seem angry? At all? And if it was, it was fueled by how you didn't explain your opinion on the matter anyway, so I'm not sure how your logic really follows on that matter...

Anyway maybe I'll post about games I dislike that everyone likes tomorrow but for now I just wanted to chime in. My posts in this thread have been eaten twice by Firefox crashing so... yeah.
Thanked by: BullockDS, Kriven, Gwen, recme, ~Axis~

Messages In This Thread
RE: games you dislike that everyone likes and vice versa - by Tellis - 01-22-2015, 05:29 AM