Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
games you dislike that everyone likes and vice versa
(01-15-2015, 07:08 AM)Koopaul Wrote: Hm you can have a discussion about most games nowadays. In fact we're on a forums, discussion was innevitable haha!

Ah you know what I mean. Most game discussions are just about opinions about how good or bad the game is or the game itself (design, music etc). Very few games make you question the story, characters, themes or messages. The Last of Us was a great game, but apart from the ending it didn't really give much to think about. There's not enough games that make you think. MGS: Peace Walker in my opinion was a great game which provoked a lot of thought.

Anyway, probably going waaaaay off topic here. My point is/was (about a page or so ago) is that Nintendo obviously has the ability to make thought provoking games yet sadly doesn't do so. Metroid Other M wasn't a bad game but it was definitely a massive wasted opportunity when it came to adding depth to Samus. Team Ninja + Dialogue, well it just wasn't the best of ideas? If it was just a nice action game it would have probably been more enjoyable.

I still enjoy jumping on Goombas and saving Hyrule while saying absolutely nothing to nobody but it would be nice to have something more. I'm not saying replace them, that would be dumb (though Zelda really really needs spoken dialogue). But a spin-off which has a bit more substance would be something I'd love to see. I still think Metroid has the most potential here because of her tragic past etc - there's more to explore.

Anyway, probably best to get back on topic. Game I didn't like one bit: Pokemon X/Y - yeah I said it.
[Image: randomimage.cgi]
Thanked by: ~Axis~

Messages In This Thread
RE: games you dislike that everyone likes and vice versa - by Goemar - 01-15-2015, 08:15 AM