Users browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)
games you dislike that everyone likes and vice versa
The Mother franchises has always felt a lot like Brave New World and other similar dystopian scifi novels of the early 20th century. They contain elements which often don't make sense when examined under a microscope, their characters exhibit behaviors that don't really compute. With a lot of those novels, the events can feel too aimed. This character had to do this to this character just to get the message across, not to actually examine the character. Where I think Mother breaks from this is that it has that overly guided narrative style while also being an assessment of one specific character (namely, Itoi) as opposed to serving as warnings for the general populace. I mean, those dystopic warnings are certainly at play (Porky is warning against many of the "sins" himself), but they take a backseat to what is ultimately a story about a confused young boy trying to make his way in a hostile adult world.

I guess it has something in common with The Catcher in the Rye that way.
[Image: Dexter.png]  [Image: Bubbles.png]  [Image: SNWzHvA.png]   [Image: SamuraiJack2.png] [Image: kQzhJLF.png]  [Image: Pikachu.png] [Image: tSCZnqw.png]
Thanked by: Pik

Messages In This Thread
RE: games you dislike that everyone likes and vice versa - by Kriven - 01-15-2015, 03:42 AM