Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
games you dislike that everyone likes and vice versa
Something that makes me sad is always more powerful than something that makes me happy. The Green Mile, Of Mice and Men and The Theory of Everything for example are all things which made me have that "I need 10 minutes to think about this" moment. Yes I loved EarthBound, but I remember it for it's music and wacky humour. Mother 3, I'll remember because after I completed it I just sat there, thinking, I didn't feel like I'd just completed a game, I felt like I had just experienced an important event.

I wanted/needed to know someone who had also completed it (my older brother completed a few days later) not too talk about it, but just so I knew someone else had experienced what I had. Mother 3 is not only one of the best RPGs of all time in my opinion, but also has the greatest narrative and characters in a videogame. Yes in The Last of Us I can see all the emotion, it was moving, I generally cared (hell getting Ellie killed terrified me) but when Flint flipped out when his wife died and of course the final battle came to it's conclusion - those are the moments that moved me the most of any videogame.

And with that it is with great sadness that Nintendo just doesn't do these kind of things anymore (or even much in the past). Mario, Zelda and Metroid etc are all great games but there's no depth to the characters. Nintendo obviously has some talented people and it's a shame we don't see more story/character based games from them. I'd loved to play a Nintendo game and have to take one of those moments again.
[Image: randomimage.cgi]
Thanked by: Kriven, Pik

Messages In This Thread
RE: games you dislike that everyone likes and vice versa - by Goemar - 01-13-2015, 07:30 AM