Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
games you dislike that everyone likes and vice versa
I can't wrap my head around why the Final Fantasy games are so popular. It might be the fact that I never actually grew up with them (I did see one of my old friends play Final Fantasy X a long time ago, but my mom denied me from ever playing that series because the characters looked awful to her and it was a little too far from being family friendly). Even though I don't think that should bug her anymore, I still can't see myself playing those games anyway. Not only are the characters too anime-ish (for lack of a better word) for my tastes (I already get my fill of that from playing game series such as Pokémon, Kingdom Hearts, some Zelda games), but also there not much to do in battle and exploration. Sure, there's a lot to see and fight in the Final Fantasy games, but if you look at the Mario RPGs and the Kingdom Hearts games (especially the first one), they capitalize on interaction. Instead of just walking around and simply taping buttons to go through menus, you're jumping around and moving in more ways than one to overall progress through the game. Also, I know that Pokémon is not very different from Final Fantasy when it comes to battle, but at least there's a little more to do in the overworld when you use Pokémon abilities outside of battle. Plus, the concept of finding and recruiting countless creatures to aid you is unique enough to grab my attention.
(02-27-2014, 07:31 PM)Gors Wrote: DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SUCK. DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SHOW YOUR SUCKY ART. I think this needs to go noticed to everyone, because sucking is not failing. Sucking is part of the fun of learning and if you don't suck, then you won't own at pixelart

it's ok to suck, sucking is not bad, just try and aim to always do your best!
Thanked by: BullockDS

Messages In This Thread
RE: games you dislike that everyone likes and vice versa - by E-Man - 01-04-2015, 12:47 PM